Note: Daryl Wood Gerber is available to talk with your book club by telephone or iChat or Skype. Please email Daryl to arrange a date and time.
- Lake Tahoe is typically an idyllic place. Do you like mysteries set in a world where darkness might lurk behind the scenes?
- Aspen has changed careers and is no longer a therapist. Could you give up a job you'd worked so hard to get?
- When Aspen is considered a suspect, she decides to investigate. Would you do the same if you were a suspect?
- Who was the first person you suspected and why?
- Nick Shaper is a complex man with a lot of marital baggage. Do you feel his decision to move to Lake Tahoe was a good one?
- Karen Brandon is a complicated woman. Did you feel for her as she struggled with both emotional and physical challenges?
- Candace is so fragile. Will she be able to move forward with her life or do you think she'll be sucked into her mother's sphere?
- Did the final twist surprise you?
- Did you guess the killer's ultimate motive before it was revealed?
Back to Desolate Shores