Girl on the Run
Note: Daryl Wood Gerber is available to talk with your book club by telephone or iChat or Skype. Please email Daryl to arrange a date and time.
- Have you ever visited an idyllic place and wondered what kind of darkness might lurk behind the scenes?
- Have you ever attended or heard about a costume play (cosplay) event? If not, what do you think it would be like?
- When Chessa realizes her husband is dead, how did you feel for her?
- Once you learn the evidence is proving Chessa guilty and after you learn that her father is guilty of murder, did you have the same instinct she did? Run!
- Marcus Newman is a complicated man. He suffered a tough childhood. How did you feel about his relationship with his ex-fiancée? Did his interaction with her show his human side as well as his conflict?
- Deputy Keller is not just set dressing. Did you feel he was a good support for Marcus? Did you appreciate his intelligence as well as his sense of humor?
- How did you feel about the antagonists in the story? Do you know anyone like them? Holy on the outside but evil on the inside?
- When Chessa approaches Marcus, did their quick exchanges work for you? Once they were collaborating, did you root for them?
- Did the final twist surprise you? Did you guess the ultimate motive before it was revealed?
Back to Girl on the Run