Grilling the Subject
Note: Daryl Wood Gerber is available to talk with your book club by telephone or iChat or Skype. Please email Daryl to arrange a date and time.
- The Wild West Extravaganza has come to town. Have you ever attended a rodeo-style event?
- Of course, with this kind of theme, Jenna is focusing on stalking barbecue cookbooks in the shop as well as other fun cookbooks for kids and cowboys. What is your favorite style barbecue sauce?
- When Jenna sees the fire and speeds to her father’s house, did you find it believable that she would run to the crime scene? There is no policeman stopping her.
- Jenna’s relationship with Rhett is solid. When a surprise visitor show up, that throws a wrench into the mix. Rhett storms off. Did you side with him or Jenna? Is Rhett the right man for her? Why?
- Jenna gets involved in this mystery because her father is a suspect. She’s also concerned that Cinnamon can’t see clearly because she, too, loves Jenna’s dad, her mentor. Do Jenna and Cinnamon lock horns too much or just the right amount?
- Do you like Bailey? She is a loyal friend to Jenna. She makes her think. She asks questions. Is there something more Bailey can do to support her pal?
- What was your favorite food or meal mentioned in the book?
- Do you read the recipes at the backs of the books? Do you try them out? Do you know that I, the author, also blog on Mystery Lovers Kitchen and share recipes every Wednesday with my fellow blog mates?
- Shane Maverick is quite the Casanova. How do you think he manages his schedule while still doing a good job? Does he deserve to be skewered and run out of town?
- Did you guess the identity of the killer? Did you guess the motive before it was revealed?
Back to Grilling the Subject