Note: Daryl Wood Gerber is available to talk with your book club by telephone or iChat or Skype. Please email Daryl to arrange a date and time.
- This is the second in a series and although it can stand alone, there is history for Aspen in the first book. Do you prefer to read books in order?
- Aspen is growing as an investigator. Do you find it believable that she threw away her previous career to do what she's doing?
- When Aspen decides to investigate it's not just because she cared about her doctor, but she wants to help a friend. Would that motivation compel you to investigate?
- Aspen is struggling to keep Candace busy. Is it right for her to rely on neighbors or friends? What else could she do?
- Nick Shaper is clearly in love with Aspen. Does his reaction to her intrusion into the case feel appropriate in its intensity?
- Gloria Morning is a bright woman and yet these letters from this supposed fan have her rattled. Is she overacting? Would you feel threatened or safe, given what the letters say?
- Candace is still fragile but she's testing the waters. Will she buck Aspen or fall in line with what her aunt needs because she trusts Aspen's guidance?
- Did the final twist surprise you?
- Did you guess the killer's ultimate motive before it was revealed?
Back to Fan Mail