Sifting Through Clues
Note: Daryl Wood Gerber is available to talk with your book club by telephone or iChat or Skype. Please email Daryl to arrange a date and time.
- This book introduces a number of new shop owners in Crystal Cove. Do you like having a cast of characters at the front of a book?
- Of course, with the Book Blub Bonanza, the Cookbook Nook offers dozens of new titles. Do you like learning about new books and cookbooks?
- When Jenna finds Ivy, she notices that the body looks staged. Did you feel the same?
- Jenna’s relationship with Rhett is solid, but his new offer of employment could throw a wrench into the works. What do you hope will happen for the two of them?
- Jenna is an amateur sleuth and amateur sleuths need a good reason to get involved with a murder. Did you believe her concern for Pepper? Was her interaction with Cinnamon—the conflict and the friendship—believable?
- As for Pepper, did you care for her? Was she vulnerable and relatable?
- Have you ever attended a high tea? Do you think you would be able to put one together with the recipes provided in the book?
- Bailey is pregnant and Katie is ready to adopt. How will a child change their dynamic with Jenna? Do you think Jenna should consider having a baby at she nears forty?
- Midway through the book, the theme in town changed. Did this throw you or were you ready to go with the flow since Crystal Cove is constantly in tourism mode, and you, as a reader, are a perpetual tourist?
- Perhaps you guessed the culprit before the end, but did you guess the motive before it was revealed? What were the clues that led you to your conclusion? Did any red herrings steer you in the wrong direction?
Back to Sifting Through Clues