A Sprinkling of Murder
Note: Daryl Wood Gerber is available to talk with your book club by telephone or iChat or Skype. Please email Daryl to arrange a date and time.
- This book introduces Fiona, a fairy-in-training. Do you believe in magic?
- Because this is the first in a series, there are a lot of new characters for the reader to meet. Do you like having a cast of characters at the beginning of a book?
- When Courtney finds Mick dead in her shop, she's shocked. Instantly, Fiona tells her to take photographs. Would you think to do so if you were to find a body?
- Courtney's best friend is Meaghan. Do you like how different they are in manner? Do you think they act like sisters?
- Courtney is an amateur sleuth, and an amateur sleuth needs a good reason to get involved with a murder. In this case, it's because she is a suspect. Did you believe that she was a viable suspect, seeing as the murder happened on her property?
- Have you ever found a secret entrance? Did you go through it?
- Have you ever enjoyed a book club or a book club tea? What was the book you read?
- When Courtney runs into Brady for the first time, she goes through a flurry of emotions. Memories of her ex-fiance Christopher, and memories of having a crush on Brady. Do you question yourself when you run into someone to whom you are attracted?
- Have you ever been to Carmel-by-the-Sea? How did you like reading about a real town and not a fictional town? Did you get to know the area a bit better?
- Perhaps you guessed the killer before the end of the book—an author often winnows the suspects down by then—but did you guess the killer's motive before it was revealed? What were the clues that led you to your conclusion? Did any red herrings steer you in the wrong direction?
Back to A Sprinkling of Murder