Wreath Between the Lines
Note: Daryl Wood Gerber is available to talk with your book club by telephone or iChat or Skype. Please email Daryl to arrange a date and time.
- This book is set during the Christmas season. Do you like books featuring holidays? Did you enjoy the wreath theme?
- Of course, with this theme, Jenna is focusing on Christmas-themed cookbooks, including cookies and such. Did you find some ideas for recipes and gifts? What is your favorite holiday food?
- When Jenna goes with Jake to his house and finds Jake’s friend dead, did you follow her reasoning as to what happened?
- Jenna’s relationship with Rhett is solid. Did you like that he proposed? What do you hope will happen next for the two of them?
- Amateur sleuths need good reasons to get involved with a murder. Jenna starts to investigate because she considers herself a proxy for her father who is out of town. He and Jake are good friends. Was this believable?
- As for Jake, could you identify with him? His past? His issues with family? Have you had problems with family? Is running away the answer?
- What was your favorite food mentioned in the book?
- How did you like the relationship between Jenna and her niece? Between Jenna and her sister?
- Perhaps you guessed the culprit before the end, but did you guess the motive before it was revealed? What were the clues that led you to your conclusion? Did any red herrings send you in the wrong direction?
Back to Wreath Between the Lines